users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to remotely access Glassfish.

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:16:06 +0200

Hi there;

Am Mon, 07 Apr 2008 07:23:43 PDT
schrieb glassfish_at_javadesktop.org:

[...]
> how to access Glassfish remotely for administration purposes. My
> glassfish server is located on different system and I need to restart
> it couple of times. I do have an access to that system but was just
> wondering whether I can restart it without physically moving there.

Though you easily can shutdown your running domain using, say, the web
administration console, getting it started again can't be done manually
AFAIK. In other words, you might want to use tools like ssh or telnet
(if your server is GNU/Linux or some Unix variant) or something like
the remote desktop in a Windows environment to use

"asadmin start-domain <yourdomain>"

on the server hosting glassfish.

Best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771