users@glassfish.java.net

deploy multiple instances of the same application in one Glassfish server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:56:22 PST

Hello!

How can I deploy an enterprise application multiple times in one Glassfish server?

My scenario: we would like to use one Glassfish server for testing our application. Multiple developers would deploy different - slightly modified - versions of the same application, so testers would have a single place to access them (and of course the administration of one server is much more simple than multiple ones).

I have modified the deployment script so the web module is now deployed to a unique context path "web-${id}" - where ${id} is a unique identifier of the actual application instance.
Currently I see one problem with this solution (there may be more): @Remote cannot be used without additional configuration because the EJBs' names would collide in JNDI.

What is the right solution for my problem?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Regards:
Norbi
[Message sent by forum member 'snorbicet' (snorbicet)]