users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Server stops responding due to Glassfish

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:19:49 -0400

>> I wasn't able to do a jstack PID once, so I doubt I can do it every
>> two hours for you.
>
> I hate windows :-) Can you do a run without running it as a service? I
> suspect using the asadmin start-domain --verbose will allow you do
> issue a control-break or \, producing a thread dump.
I hate Windows more than Jeanfrancois does. But another option is to use
asadmin generate-jvm-report --type=thread, which will also generate a
thread dump (as the output of the asadmin command). There are different
thread pools for the general HTTP requests and the asadmin requests, so
this should work even if the normal HTTP threads are all hung.

-Scott