users@glassfish.java.net

Installation Problems - Ant Build Procedures

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:26:11 PDT

Hi guys,

Downloaded the install file for GlassFish and am trying to load it onto Windows XP. As per instructions I used java -Xmx256m -jar glassfish-installer-v2ur1-b09d-linux.jar. The contents of the jar file were unpackedand installed correctly, however I could not get the ant build to execute correctly. Here are the steps that I took to execute the build: 1). Set my ANT_HOME env variable, 2). Restarted my machine, 3). Opened a command prompt and navigated to C:\glassfish, 4). Executed command ant -f setup.xml.

I keep getting an error stating that the build.xml file cant be found. I googled another installation guide that suggest navigating to the C:\glassfish\lib\ant\bin directory and simply executing the ant batch file. Upon doing this, I get another error staing that the setup.xml file cant be found. Can anyone help me get this build going?
[Message sent by forum member 'rkfromchi' (rkfromchi)]