users@glassfish.java.net

Going Crazy with _at_EJB AppClient

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:14:35 PDT

Hello

Has anyone got some simple advice on how GlassFish handles @EJB references?
I am going nuts trying to figure out why it is not working in my code but yet the samples work.

@Stateless(name="FXCurveManagerServiceBean",
        mappedName="FXCurveManagerService")
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
@WebService(serviceName="FXCurveService",
        targetNamespace="http://www.xenonique.co.uk/ejb3/fxrates")
public class FXCurveManagerServiceBean
implements FXCurveManagerServiceRemote, FXCurveManagerServiceLocal {
 /*...*/ }

public class FXCurveManagerClient {

    @EJB(mappedName="FXCurveManagerService")
    private static FXCurveManagerService service;

    /*...*./

}

Each every time I get EJB Unresolved Href and I have no idea why? Because the mapped name JNDI is the name of the explicitly given to the SLSB. Also I looked at the JNDI browser and I am really frustrated that it is not obvious. I checked the JAR and the classes are there. The manifest looks correct. What other tools are there to help within GlassFish. This is what I hate about EJB development still, the lookup and the matching of names. Aarrgh!!!!
[Message sent by forum member 'peter_pilgrim' (peter_pilgrim)]