users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Accessing Admin Console on port 80

From: Gabe Wong <gabrielw_at_ngasi.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:00:26 -0700

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have a firewall protecting the server hosting GlassFish. Right now, HTTP traffic via port 80 is allowed.
>
> I'm wondering if there is a possibility to make "Admin Console" available on the same port as the app server? For Ex: admin.server.com redirects to server.com:4848 internally?
>
> Any suggestions
>
> Thank you
> Ramesh
Hi Ramesh,
That is quite possible.
Just edit the domain.xml file like so:

        <http-listener acceptor-threads="1" address="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
blocking-enabled="false" default-virtual-server="__asadmin"
enabled="true" family="inet" id="admin-listener" port="80"
security-enabled="false" server-name="" xpowered-by="true"/>

To avoid port conflicts, you must make sure you specify a different IP
address for the admin console and the regular web listener.

--
Regards
Gabe Wong