users@glassfish.java.net

Re: problems with authentication from ldap (new glassfish user)

From: Christian Andersson <ca_at_ofs.no>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:07:04 +0200

that is all that exist in my file. and I have redeployed the application
a number of times (the same web.xml works in tomcat)

from reading other threads and on the net, it looks like glassfish is a
LOT stricter in reading the web.xml file (and others) so my guess is
that there is something wrong in my web application that tomcat does not
fail on but glassfish does.

I started looking at deploying the application with the verifier turned
on, and later on running the verifier as a standalone, and checking out
all the errors I get in there (pages, that cannot be compiled, etc)

I tried creating a new web application in netbeans (with protected
pages) and got it working inside netbeans (with the glassfish that came
along with netbeans) and that webapp also worked in the installed
glassfish, so I now know that it can work..

but that is where I am right now, trying to validate/verity my application..