users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v2 ur1 setup.xml build does not work

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:32:00 PDT

> Thanks, > Snjezana for your rude and unhelpful post.

yes it would seem from glassfish's output that my JAVA_HOME variable IS pointing to the directory of my jre. But if you read a little further into the post you would find that in fact that is the whole problem. Whilst glassfish is looking in the jre i have explicitly set JAVA_HOME to point to the jdk directory. (i don't know why set reads java.home, maybe it converts atomatically?) .This was also the problem experienced by the poor person who tried to report a bug to sun.

Also i think it would be "quite obvious" from my membership of java.net that i've most probably got the sdk and jdk installed already. seeing as how i'm developing in java and all.

to the other posts, thank you your posts were helpful. I think actually it could have been a problem with the java.home and JAVA_HOME ambiguity also restarting might have helped. I ended up just downloading and installing the full netbeans which included glassfish and made it much easier to configure...
Cheers
~ Jazz
[Message sent by forum member 'jazzua' (jazzua)]