users@glassfish.java.net

Network connection control

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 01:19:12 PST

Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to circumvent the network handling offered by glassfish. What I'd like to do is, from a client, set a timeout for connecting (or executing a call) to a server. I know it's possible to set the ORB timeouts, but it affects the global application and they don't really work as expected.

The client behaviour should be like this: try a connection for, let's say, 30 seconds and then fall back to "offline" mode. But, during offline mode, try to reconnect with a 5 minutes timeout.

Well, the idea is to have a full control over the network issues. Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'afmarsal' (afmarsal)]