users@glassfish.java.net

log4j and logging levels?

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:00:09 +0100

Folks;

maybe a stupid question: The log viewer of the glassfish admin console
so far is really a beneficial kind of tool, but unfortunately in case
of our applications ported to glassfish it kind of fails. Right now,
our apps are still using log4j, and it seems that no matter which log
level I select in the Log Viewer, I never get to see log4j DEBUG
messages dumped to any of these files. Is there anything I can do about
that? Optionally (as we use log4j through commons-logging), can someone
dump me a short logging.properties outlining how to configure JDK
logging to be used with glassfish?

TIA and best regards,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771