users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Node Agent Windows Service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:40:52 PST

Is there anyone that could assist me with this? If you have any experience setting up glassfish2 as windows services with both the nodeagent / domain, I just would like a little guidance.

We're a software vendor and I've been trying to get Glassfish accepted for our product since before the 2.x release and now I've got enough support internally to get approval for certifying glassfish as a platform for our product.

Unfortunately I'm getting hung up on little things like keeping glassfish running without logging out (hence the need for a windows service). Currently we only support windows server platforms (something I'm also hoping to change) and I really need to be able to run these as a service.

If I tell management that we have to stay logged into the servers in order to keep glassfish running, it'll just be dismissed as an unsupported platform.

Currently, via the GlassfishSVC.jar the domain is working wonderfully as a service, but as stated above, I can't get the NodeAgent service to start that I created.

Does Sun have any type of Partner Contract for Java product vendors trying to certify on their platforms or should I just keep trying here?

TIA - Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]