users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems with asadmin deploy force=true

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 07:15:15 PST

In the real system, the context root is "basic" and the name is "abydos-<vers>".

My goal is to replace the context root with a [i]new[/i] version of abydos. I think the problem is that the name (which is displayed on the admin console and we use to tells use what version is deployed, where) changes over time: abydos-1.0.0, abydos-1.0.1, etc.

I think (I need to experiment more) that if the name is exactly the name of the deployed WAR, everything works. But when that names rolls to the new version, it does not, it won't redeploy to the same context root if the name is different. Which is what I want
[Message sent by forum member 'philion' (philion)]