users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Setup of Glassfish Email to use remote server and Port

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:30:36 PST

You need to hit up the JavaMail docs to learn what extra properties and what not you may need.

For example, mail.smtp.port is the property you would set to set the SMTP port, and you can add that directly to the extra properties on the JavaMail resource.

GF will pass those through untouched to JavaMail so it can do whatever it wants to do.

I dunno how SSL is supported via JavaMail, but there is a class: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSSLTransport

That looks suspiciously helpful.

Basically, I'm betting your solution (assuming is exists) is in the JavaMail docs. GF is just providing an easy to use console for the common case. Since you can put anything you want in the properties of the connector, you should be able to bend JavaMail to your will appropriateluy. GF isn't getting in the way here.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]