users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_EJB injection for an _at_WebService object only works from the Admin Cons

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:17:32 PST

Hi,

I have further researched the issue and may have some more insight. Please see:

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=38399&tstart=0

There I have included some additional snippets and xml files in that thread. It appears that there is not an issue with the WAR inside the EAR using injection to get a Local interface because it can do so with an ordinary HTTPServlet that gets deployed alongside the WebService.

It is more clearly a problem with @EJB dependency injection failing for web services when called from outside of the Admin Console, which is what happens 99.99% of the time.

I can't provide the full project or source files because they are proprietary to my company. If you need more information, I can perhaps provide more or come up with a sample project.

David
[Message sent by forum member 'dlindsay_roamdata_com' (dlindsay_roamdata_com)]