users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Programatic logins

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:28:42 PST

OK, answering my own question - partially.

I found how to do the programatic login in the glassfish developer guide. (before I was looking in just the J5EE docs)

Logins work fine, but it still depends on knowing the user's password. So that makes it impossible to log them in with a "remember me" token.

Anyone know of a good solution for that? The only thing that comes to my mind is:

- Set up a separate JDBCRealm that uses the login token for password
- In the filter, look up username by token
- Do login against 2nd realm with username and token

Having two realms set up doesn't seems ideal, but should to the trick. Any other suggestions?
[Message sent by forum member 'basscheffers' (basscheffers)]