users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to do I troubleshoot in Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:29:13 PST

Thanks for the help, Scott

I read the wiki troubleshoot guide and saw this:
Log Options

The Administration GUI provides the following two logging options:

    * Option 1: Log stdout (System.out.print) content to the event log
    * Option 2: Log stderr (System.err.print) content to the event log

When these options are set, stdout and stderr messages are written to the server.log file. (The event log is a syslog daemon on Solaris and Event Log on Microsoft Windows.)

If the above options are not set:

    * Anything written to stdout or stderr (that is, using System.out or System.err) will not appear in the logs.

    * Messages logged with the JDK logger will appear in the logs.

    * Messages written to stdout or stderr appear with the INFO level, but do not have a message ID.

I don't see anywhere in Admin GUI I could set the logging option to enable stdout and stderr.

Could you help?
[Message sent by forum member '3po' (3po)]