users@glassfish.java.net

Load Balancing Glassfish W/ SJSWS 6.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:51:46 PST

I am trying to setup a cluster w/ glassfish2, using SJSWS with the load balancer plugin.
I have two instances setup on glassfish ports 38080 & 38081 and I have deployed the clusterjsp app that comes as a sample.

I can hit the following addresses
http://localhost:38080/clusterjsp (instance 1 clusterjsp)
http://localhost:38081/clusterjsp (instance 2 clusterjsp)
http://localhost/ (default sun ws welcome page)

But when I try to hit
http://localhost/clusterjsp

I get the following error in the the SJSWS error log:
trying to GET /clusterjsp, send-file reports: HTTP4142: can't find /clusterjsp (File not found)
which of course results in the following message in the browser:
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it.

It doesn't show any errors on startup and says there are no unhealthy instances in the cluster.

It appears the loadbalancer is not sending the requests to the instances.

I am guessing this has something to do with it, in glassfish admin console when I look at the load balancer, the status is "apply changes needed" and the test connection always fails. (so I manually exported the loadbalancer.xml)

I am sure it something simple, but I am new to both SJSWS and GlassFish, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'bryce656' (bryce656)]