users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Node Agent Windows Service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:08:14 PST

Here is my exact syntax for creating the service, corrected per the link to documentation you sent:

sc.exe create GF2node binPath= "C:\glassfish\lib\appservAgentService.exe \"C:\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat start-node-agent --user admin --passwordfile C:\glassfish\password.txt node01\" \"C:\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat stop-node-agent node01\"" start= auto DisplayName= "GF2 Nodeagent"

This creates the service just fine, like above. But again, the service doesn't start, and windows displays the same 1053 message that it took to long. There's nothing in the nodeagent logs and the Event Log displays the same message as I've posted above.

This is on Windows 2003 Server.

Have you actually tried creating a service for a nodeagent on a windows server and did it work for you?
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]