users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Images sometimes fail to render

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:00:04 PST

Man, I wish I had the time to do that, but I'm swamped at the moment. Let me shed a little more light - I found the problem but have no solution (I think it is a bug). I'll try to setup a test case when I get the time.

I forgot to mention that I am using a button from within a "menu" type page fragment. (Actually doesn't matter if it's a button - a hyperlink also fails). On the screens that succeed, I use a radio button and a Submit button as well as the page navigation and everything works fine. But if I use a button (or hyperlink) from within a jspf (a page fragment), it always fails.

Here's a use case for the test case I don't have time to write!

1. Create a page Fragment, place buttons or hyperlinks on it
2. Set the url on the hyperlink (or button) to another page
3. Embed the page fragment in both pages (say it's a menu on the left)
4. Drop an image on any of the pages or page fragments
5. In code, dynamically setImage or setUrl of the image to a valid resource
6. Build
7. Run & click the button / hyperlink

Expected <<FAILED>> results: The image will not display

TIA
[Message sent by forum member 'sroberts2005' (sroberts2005)]