users@glassfish.java.net

Re: 30 second delay on website

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:05:52 PST

JF -

  I think you are right with your idea about the browser waiting for the final bytes to return, which would explain why Windows will return the page immediately (with no delay), but the page is not 100% completely loaded, while Linux and Leopard OS X will wait the 30 seconds and return a (usually) completed page.

I haven't tried the keep alive timeout change yet, but I will tomorrow when I get into the office.

And yes, this delay happens on a static page as well.

You can test this out yourself at https://www.nationalkeybilling.com.
To recreate: Visit the site. You should get the 30 second delay immediately while waiting for the front page to load. Once there, you hould be able to navigate anywhere with no delay. If you wait 30 second, then try to navigate again, you will experience the delay.

Oh, and Glassfish version is V2 (SJSAS 9.1 update 1)
[Message sent by forum member 'malakh' (malakh)]