users@glassfish.java.net

Is it allowed to open a ServerSocket port from a bootstrap class?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:42:26 PST

Hi,

I am trying
  Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01 (build b09d-fcs)
When I start the server, I give an option:

  java -javaagent:c:\a\a\limpidlog\build\limpidlog.jar .....

The server started without an error (good).

That program (LimpidLog: http://www.acelet.org) will open a port 9876. The
port did open, I can tell from debug information. But when I tried to access
this port from a client program on the same machine, the connection was
refused.

The same program runs well on Jboss, Tomcat and Weblogic 9-10.

I do not know where to trace the problem, so, a question came to me: is it
allowed to open a ServerSocket port in a bootstrap class?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'weijiang' (weijiang)]