users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ACC, Web Start and IIOP/SSL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:31:19 PST

Hi,

I've been trying to get to get IIOP + SSL to work
That is: I've made an appclient module and an secure ejb module that is configured to use SSL in the sun-ejb-jar.xml.
The client = jre 1.6.0_04
Server = 9.1_1 PE
IDE = Eclipse 3.3 (Europe) with GlassFish plugin for GlassFish V2.

Up until now I've not been able to get things working
See the last posts of thread http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=263156&tstart=0 for my efforts so far.

But according to the posts in this thread it is currently NOT possible to use SSL with ACC/Web start and we will have to wait until the bug_ID mentioned is closed (and we have a bit of a showstopper in our company's project)?

Any response is more than welcome.

Thanks.

Bart.
[Message sent by forum member 'bertusdotcom' (bertusdotcom)]