users@glassfish.java.net

Re: IIOP and SSL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:04:48 PST

Hi all,

Being a newbee to java/glassfish, I'm having a challenge.

The problem I\m facing is similar to the problem you did.
I'm using SJSAS 9.1.01 as server.
My client is jre 1.6.0.04
IDE = Eclipse 3.3 (europe).

Reading this thread (as well many others like http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=37659&tstart=0) I hoped to solve the problem that my client (be it ACC or standalone) could not establish a IIOP/SSL connection with the server/ejb.

Although I've followed all steps described but IIOP + SSL is still not working.

Basically the problem is that I can call the EJB using username_password as authentication mechanism but as soon as I turn to SSL with certificates (which is what we want) the server encounters a unrecoverable failure.

I need some help as I need to convince my boss to start using java/glassfish.

Any response would be welcome.

Bart.

If more specific info is needed, plse let me know. I'm more than willing to get things working....
[Message sent by forum member 'bertusdotcom' (bertusdotcom)]