users@glassfish.java.net

Monitoring server.log with custom MBean

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 07:02:02 PST

Dear community,
after some hours of fighting I have finally been able to deploy a custom BasicMBean with a NotificationListener implementation. As the second step I tried to setup a management rule which captures _all_ the logfile records with level WARNING or SEVERE, regardless of which logger was used to generate the records, and forwards them to my MBean.

It seems this is not possible, because glassfish always wants to talk me into selecting a single logger name to monitor.

The background is that I want to monitor my production glassfish server for all kinds of errors, so it is not sufficient to monitor only a single logger.

Is this possible ?

Kind regards
b4tz33
[Message sent by forum member 'batzee' (batzee)]