users@glassfish.java.net

servlets - total noob

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:35:44 PST

hi everyone.

i'm a total noob to glassfish and servlets, but not to java. i'm trying to make a simple html page that posts to a servlet which returns a response. nothing fancy, just to learn. i currently have a war file that i am dropping into autodeploy that looks like this:

servletTest/
- index.html
- web.xml
- sun-web.xml
+ WEB_INF/
 + classes/
  + ServletTest.class

my servlet definition in web.xml looks like this

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>servletTest</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>servletTest</servlet-name>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>servletTest</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/servletTest</servlet-name>
 </servlet-mapping>

localhost:8080/servletTest serves up my index.html pages just fine, but no matter what i try i get a 404 when i try to reach my servlet. what am i doing wrong?
[Message sent by forum member 'notatoad' (notatoad)]