users@glassfish.java.net

IIS Integration problem with Load Balancing!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:58:21 PST

Recently I have installed the Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 in the Windows XP system and created two clusters with a single instance. Each instance I have deployed the application which contains the EJB and Web modules.

Everything is going well in this stage, but when i try to use the load balancing plugin to integrate the Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 to the IIS, the problem is raising.

First, I have suffered the problem where the IIS unable to load the load balancing plugin, but I have resolve this problem already.

Now I would like to do the following:

I would like to configure the IIS to forward the request to different applications depend on the web address they are going.

Let said, i have a applications app1 and app2 which currently deployed on different clusters on the Sun Java System Application System 9.1, and i have a two web address defined in IIS (www.app1.net and www.app2.net).

When i go to the www.app1.net, it will forward the request to the app1, when i go to the www.app2.net, it will forward the request to app2.

Did anyone have any idea of what i need to do to successfully configure the IIS and load balancing plugin to handle this?

In addition, I have read the documentation provided by Sun which i could use the user-defined policy for the load balancing plugin to handle the request, but when i try to compile the roundrobin.c program provided by Sun. I could not see the logging does print out to the lb.log file.

Does anyone have any idea of why i don't see these print out in the lb.log file?
[Message sent by forum member 'wpchau' (wpchau)]