users@glassfish.java.net

Controlling the number of EJB instances using the Admin Console

From: rdblaha1 <rd_blaha_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:33:30 -0800 (PST)

The Java EE 5 Tutorial indicates that the number of EJB instances consuming
messages can be regulated. It is possible to have several MDBs or other
EJBs deployed. However, using the Admin Console it appears that you cannot
set the maximum number of instances for any one bean, but only in the
configuration control the overall number of EJBs combined. This doesn't
seem practical since one bean may be expected to handle many messages and
another may only handle one or two messages on occasion (not used often, but
necessary to the project). Please help me with my understanding of
configuring the number of instances of any one EJB using the Admin Console.