users@glassfish.java.net

How to lookup DAS in a server instance ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:32:28 PST

Hello,

I am trying to write a lifecycle module which runs on the server instances (not DAS) in a cluster. The purpose of this module is to listen some system notifications and to remove (quiesce) its container (the server instance) from the load balancer if necessary.

1. Before posting here I have read some documents showing how to connect to DAS by using
           AppserverConnectionSource(AppserverConnectionSource.PROTOCOL_RMI, "localhost", 8686, "admin", "adminadmin", null, null);
But the limitation is: the host address and login information must be known first. Sometimes doing so is inconvenient and unsafe. Since my module will be deployed on the instances inside the cluster, are there any better ways to do this?

Thank you.
[Message sent by forum member 'yule_jie' (yule_jie)]