users@glassfish.java.net

JDBC connection pooling problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:54:00 PST

I set up a new JDBC connection pool and resource, and also set up the Resource References in my web.xml and sun-web.xml.

I set up a test bean to try the connection and everything worked. The problem I am having comes when many connections are hitting it in a short amount of time.

For example, I encountered the problem when repeatedly clicking the link that produces the data over and over. After about 10-15 clicks, the connection timed out and I got a NullPointerException. I waited another 15 minutes and tried again with only a single request, and got the same NPE.

Why is my code breaking? I am using the default connection pool settings.

I'm sure you guys will want to see some code, so just tell me what to grab and I'll post it.
[Message sent by forum member 'malakh' (malakh)]