users@glassfish.java.net

V2 acceptor threads

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:14:51 PST

I am confused about the Acceptor Threads setting in SJSAS 9.1, under HTTP Listeners.

I read the administration documentation and it says that there needs to be about 50 as an average. But I could have sworn I read somewhere that this setting changed meaning drastically between 8.2 and 9.1, and that in 9.1 it should actually be set to how many CPU cores the machine has.

I ask because my SSL is crazy slow and I'm wondering if it is related to the acceptor thread setting for the listener. The SSL HTTP listener for the machine is currently set to 2.
[Message sent by forum member 'malakh' (malakh)]