users@glassfish.java.net

Invalid ejb jar - it contains zero ejb.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:49:40 PST

I have a persistent (no pun intended) problem with the error message described in the subject line. In NetBeans, I select "directory deployment" (which is not the default, but I choose it since it lets me hot deploy JSF page changes). Then I start debugging my app.

The *first* time, I get

Deploying application in domain failed; Error loading deployment descriptors for module [Foo] -- Invalid ejb jar [Foo-ejb.jar]: it contains zero ejb.
Note:
1. A valid ejb jar requires at least one session, entity (1.x/2.x style), or message driven bean.
2. EJB3+ entity beans (@Entity) are POJOs and please package them as library jar.
3. If the jar file contains valid EJBs which are annotated with EJB component level annotations (@Stateless, @Stateful, @MessageDriven), please check server.log to see whether the annotations were processed properly.

The message is bogus, I think. The packaging is done by NetBeans, and it looks ok to me.

Then I select Run->Debug again. This time, all is well and the debugger starts.

This happens with NetBeans 6.0 and 6.01 and with GlassFish v2 and v2ur1. Can anyone shed a light on this issue?

Thanks,

Cay
[Message sent by forum member 'cayhorstmann' (cayhorstmann)]