users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Does GlassFish have Application Event Listeners?

From: Witold Szczerba <pljosh.mail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:12:55 +0100

Sahoo, I hope you did not mean what you just said...
"each component should be as independent as
possible, each should be responsible for initialization of the resource
that they need [...]".
Are you actually involved in Java EE specification? Where did you read
what you said?

How do you think, component can be as independent as possible, being
responsible for initialization of resources in the same time? And what
if you want some resource to be available for every component inside
module/application?

You are asking what kind of resource are we talking about. I am not
sure about Chris, but I told already, I would like to initialize
Spring's ApplicationContext to do some stuff with Spring I cannot do
with EJB3.

Witold Szczerba