users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish JMS Clustering Questions

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:54:27 PST

Thanks again for the reply.

The topic subscriber is a BlazeDS service (which may use MDBs, but I don't control the source to those libraries directly). I'll see if any of those MDB settings are available to BlazeDS.

The qualities of a LOCAL service as defined on http://weblogs.java.net/blog/rampsarathy/archive/2007/02/jms_service_ava.html :

"The application server starts the MQ broker in a separate process, the broker process is started when the application server starts up and is shutdown when the application server is stopped. The lifecycle of the broker is controlled by the application server. "

Is it possible to tell the JMS broker started by the application server to participate in a cluster wide JMS queue?

As far as durability, I guess I was looking for a setting on the Topic itself. The link you provided describes MDB settings for durability (and I'll have to dig through BlazeDS to see if I can control the durability settings there). Are there a queue specific settings for durability (i.e. not related to the connecting client)

I think I'm starting to see what is happening in my environment. There is a mismatch between the topic and the subscriber (the topic needs clientid, but the consumer doesn't provide it) around durability. Right now, I just need a working system...durable or not.
[Message sent by forum member 'h1d3m3' (h1d3m3)]