users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why can't I open GlassFish admin console?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:56:54 PST

Hi Mike,

I haven't seen this problem, although I don't have your exact environment either. :) Here are some questions which may help find the problem:

Which version of GlassFish do you have, and where did you get it?

Do other applications work on this server? If you don't have any deployed, you can deploy them with the "asadmin" command line utility.

If other applications do work, can you try adding one that uses JSF? If you don't have one, you can try demo.war from here:

https://jsftemplating.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=6920&expandFolder=6920&folderID=0

Are there any stack traces or errors in your server.log file during startup?

Are there any missing (or corrupt) files in <install-root>/lib/install/applications/admingui/adminGUI_war/WEB-INF/lib? (please compare this directory w/ your working machine.) The one of particular interest is "jsftemplating-dynafaces-0.1.jar".

Have you installed any "extra" software to the GlassFish download (i.e. web pack, etc.).

Can you provide the full stack traces? Provided none of the above give us any more details, the stack trace may provide more insight.

Hopefully one of these things will help us figure out what's different on your home machine.

Thanks!

Ken
[Message sent by forum member 'kenpaulsen' (kenpaulsen)]