users@glassfish.java.net

Why can't I open GlassFish admin console?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:34:30 PST

Hi,

I can't open admin console at http://localhost:4848/login.jsf. It gives me the following error:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: PWC1391: Servlet.init() for servlet FacesServlet threw exception

root cause

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cant create Lifecycle for id: com.sun.faces.lifecycle.PARTIAL.

The point is that I use exactly the same version of GlassFish at work and it runs perfectly fine. But at home I get this error with a fresh install. It has to be something with my home computer. I run 64bit Gentoo Linux, 32bit JDK 1.6.0.03.

Any idea what may be wrong? I can give you full stacktrace if you want.

Regards,

Mike
[Message sent by forum member 'jasiu85' (jasiu85)]