users@glassfish.java.net

Need help about port range used by Glassfish node <--> DAS

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:16:50 PST

Hi,
I'm Alessandro from Italy and this is my first post on this forum. (...sorry for my bad english...)

I'm setting up a cluster environment with a DAS on a subnet and two nodes on another subnet, firewalled. Now, i have to define the rules with the Security team, but i don't find a document, a blog, or anything else with the port range used by DAS/Node agents, and i cannot ask to open all the traffic between the two subnet!!!

Now i found: port 4848, 8686, and some ports 38xxx and 33xxx.

I think that 4848 and 8686 are "fixed", but the others are dynamic and in a range.

And this is only the first step. Next steps: Find right port range for....

- load balancer
- web server
- plugin
- SSL
- ...

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Ale
[Message sent by forum member 'shambola' (shambola)]