users@glassfish.java.net

LDAPRealm not closing connections, causing glassfish lockup

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:53:26 PST

I'm using an LDAPRealm, on a low usage (internal users, and only about a half dozen of them) server. It looks like it's not releasing it's connections, after 20 minutes of running I have 674 open connections to my LDAP server. I just checked again and it's down to 489, now we're back up to 615, and pushing 700.

As you might imagine, I'm eventually hitting the maximum open file descriptors for the user and Glassfish won't accept new connections. I've stuck a band-aid on it by ramping up my ulimit, but this is ultimately unsustainable and unacceptable.

I'm running SJSAS upgraded to 9.1 UR 1

If anyone has any a permanent solution to this, please let me know ASAP, this is a production server.
[Message sent by forum member 'jeffreyrodriguez' (jeffreyrodriguez)]