users@glassfish.java.net

Using Glassfish with Portal Server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:23:08 PST

Hi, my team members and I have been looking over the OpenPortal project as a possible solution for a portal server. However we've found the application much larger than what we need. The PCs that will be running the program may not be very fast, so we'd like to be able to build a 'lightweight' version of Portal Server for use with Glassfish. Specifically, we'd like to include just the portlet container, WSRP container and web server components of the program. Is it possible/feasible to pull this off?

This might be better posed at a forum for Portal Server developers, but I couldn't find one. Any advice offered would be much appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'agbrunson' (agbrunson)]