users@glassfish.java.net

webapp: migration hints

From: Kristian Rink <kawazu_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:52:58 +0100

Folks;

moving forth in our efforts to migrate our environment to glassfish v2,
by now I started to establish our testbed system and get our web
applications started there by simply dumping the .wars to glassfish and
hoping for the best. Good thing, as far as I have seen now, everything
works just out-of-the-box, but some things are a little, well,
"uncomfortable". In example, we're currently using log4j in some of
these apps which works and creates logfiles but these aren't visible
from the gf server administration.

So to ask: More than just "running" webapps inside glassfish, are there
any hints / tutorials / resources that outline what is needed to make
a web application better "integrated" / manageable via the glassfish
administration console? Logging is one of these aspects, in example...

Thanks for any pointers, best regards. :)
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink * http://zimmer428.net * http://flickr.com/photos/z428/
jab: kawazu_at_jabber.ccc.de * icq: 48874445 * fon: ++49 176 2447 2771