users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with Connection Polls to MySQL database

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:48:59 +0530

While creating the connection pool if the driver is available, GlassFish
will get the list of properties accepted by the driver's datasource
class. Since in one of your machines, jdbc driver for MySQL is
available, all the properties are listed. This gives an option for the
user to configure/tune the driver parameters according to the vendor.

If the driver is not available, standard set of properties (7) will be
listed (which happens in other machine).

For basic set of properties that are needed for database connectivity,
you can refer the templates.
http://blogs.sun.com/JagadishPrasath/entry/jdbc_connection_pool_templates_glassfishlib/install/templates/resources/jdbc/
GF_INSTALL_DIR/lib/install/templates/resources/jdbc/mysql_type4_datasource.xml

Thanks,
-Jagadish