users@glassfish.java.net

Problem with Connection Polls to MySQL database

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 06:08:47 PST

Hello,
I'm using freshly installed glassfish in /usr/java/glassfish from
glassfish-installer-v2ur1-b09d-linux.jar on Fedora5. I have mysql 5.0 version.
mysql-connector-java-5.1.5-bin.jar was copied into /usr/java/glassfish/domain/diomain1/lib/ext directory.
I restarted domain.
(When using 5.0.8) driver the some story happend just number of properties was about 10 less)
From my System Admin Console I have created configure Connection pool.
There should be databaseName,serverName,user,password properties.
There is list of 177 properties (among others DatabaseName,ServerName,Password,User) . I have enter proper values. Pinging was successful.

If I would choose different vendor like Postges, Informix there would be just 4-5 needed properties , I do not have installed any other JDBC drivers..
It only happens if database vendor is mysql.
On other system during creation of first connection pool to mysql database there have been 4 properties, but after that the some story.
Any suggestions please.

Regards
Slawek
[Message sent by forum member 'chenin' (chenin)]