users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installing Glassfish on Vista

From: Patrick Julien <pjulien_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:22:55 -0500

It works fine for me. "Program Files" under Vista doesn't have the same
security descriptors set i.e., it is not writable but non-filtered admin
users.

Just make sure you run the install program escalated. If you're a filtered
admin on your box, just fire up a command line with "run as administrator"
and continue the UAC dialog.

I have glassfish v2, v2 ur1 and the latest v2.1 promoted build all under
"program files" under vista.

The only thing that I do that is "special" is make sure the domain directory
is outside of "program files" since it is no longer considered appropriate
to be writing/updating files inside that location from normal processes.