users@glassfish.java.net

Setup Load Balancing with iPlant and Glassfish

From: Asleson, Ryan <asleson_at_BIWORLDWIDE.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 14:04:50 -0600

Hello,

I have created a Glassfish cluster consisting of my local development
computer and another developer's computer.

We want to test the load balancing and session replication, but to do so
we need to front the Glassfish cluster with the iPlanet web server. I
have installed the latest version of iPlanet on another development
computer, but now I need to know how to set it up to point to the
cluster.

Here are my specific questions:

1. I have iPlanet installed, but it looks like I need to install a load
balancer plugin that works with Glassfish. Where is this load balancer,
and how do I install it in iPlanet?

2. Once I have the load balancer plugin installed, can I simply
configure it from the load balancer from the Glassfish admin app's "HTTP
Load Balancers" section?

3. How do I set up iPlanet to forward all requests to the cluster?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

-Ryan

This e-mail message is being sent solely for use by the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by phone or reply by e-mail, delete the original message and destroy all copies. Thank you.