users@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to share an IMQ queue in a cluster ?

From: Ramesh Parthasarathy <Ramesh.Parthasarathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:39:20 +0000

Hi Olivier,
        Here are some general guidelines to accomplish what you are asking

If you want a clustered destination then you have to create it on a
broker cluster. Please refer to auto-clustering in the document (high
availability). You could create a broker cluster externally and
configure glassfish to use it or use the default broker cluster that is
created along with the glassfish cluster.

If you want to share the same destination between applications then,
create connection factories that would have the AddressList of the
broker (or broker cluster) that actually hosts this destination, and use
this connection factory in your application.

Thanks
-Ramesh