users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Web server connectors (e.g. AJP) with GlassFish

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:43:28 -0500

Hi,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> There's lots of talk on here about using Apache2 and AJP to connect to GlassFish Application Server but I haven't seen anything (here or in the docs) about connecting Sun Web Server to GlassFish via AJP or similar.
>
> Is it possible?

I'm not sure Sun Web Server still support the NSAPI mod_jk (it is no
longer supported on tomcat, unfortunately). Looking at their
documentation, I suspect the latest 7.0 version will not work, even with
an old NSAPI/mod_jk.

> Is there a better way?

No. You can only load balance with Sun Web Server, but cannot hook
GlassFish like you can do with Apache. Not that Sun Web Server use
GlassFish's Web Container internally (minus Grizzly).

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois