users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sessionbeans / Classloaders / Redeploy

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:57:53 PST

> Yes. Each application has its own class loader.
> And all session beans are created and live inside
> this classloader till the app is undeployed.

After greeneyed response I found "21.1.2 Programming Restrictions" of the ejbcore-spec. As I understand the first restriction is it not even allowed to use singletons/static fields in the business code behind the session bean, due to the fact that instances might be placed in different containers.

Is it somewhere documented if glassfish does lift some of those restrictions?
[Message sent by forum member 'peterka' (peterka)]