users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish/OpenESB Centralized Admin Server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:04:28 PST

Doing high speed cluster/grid processing. Want to control the cluster/grid computer grid nodes from a single point. Want to meet standards. Was considered creating and orchestrating SOA nodes when it became evident the other folks have already "been there, done that" - it is called JBI. We have been using Glassfish, but were not aware of OpenESB. Have been looking at JMX for controlling compute nodes - but again awareness soaked in that folks have "been there, done that" - it is called Centralized Administration Server (CAS). There is some relationship between Glassfish's Domain Admin Server (DAS) and OpenESB's CAS - but, i have just shared all that i know. Googling does not turn up any documentation on this subject. i am able to hit a few blogs with nice bits of information, but i have not yet been able to find some good PDF documents - tutorials, howto, etc.

First question:
Can someone point me to documentation on getting started with Glassfish/DAS in combination with OpenESB/CAS? Also, i want to be able to have my Richfaces/Facelets/Seam JSF provide views of JMX information for control and monitoring. Would like not to have to use the Glassfish Admin console - that console is GREAT - just want to obtain a more integrated look with the remainder of the deployed app. The problem is that i have not yet figured out how to "get a hold of" the JMX info from the DAS/CAS.

Second question:
Some blog info ( http://blogs.sun.com/mwhite/entry/what_s_new_in_open1 )mention that JBI instances in a Glassfish domain are called targets. Can someone explain or tell me where to read - can a target (from a Glassfish/OpenESB perspective) be any JBI implementation? Could a target just as well be a ServiceMix rather than an OpenESB instance?

Third question:
i am attaching a diagram (sorry that it is a PowerPoint). If you look at the diagram is there anything that pops to mind like "that looks like a dumb thing to do, what you really should do is..." Or maybe you have some advice like "interesting diagram, be sure to consider..." Then again, maybe the diagram does not say enough to enable your creativity. Just FYI - HOTCAKES stands for Hypotheses, Observations, Transformations for Cognitve Analysis and Knowledge Evaluation System - it may go to show that the longer your acronym, the less you know about your domain. :)

Thank you for your help
[Message sent by forum member 'raymartin' (raymartin)]