users@glassfish.java.net

How is a web service recognised at deployment?

From: Florent Georges <fgeorges_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:09:14 +0100

  Hi

  I wonder how Glassfish, at some deployment, recognise that what is
deployed is actually a web service.

  I had developed a JAX-WS 2.0 web service (with NetBeans 6.0, "new
Web Service from WSDL"), and I deploy it to Glassfish v2 UR1 using
NetBeans's "Run" on the web service's project. The project is
deployed, yes, and can show in "Web Applications" in the Glassfish's
admin console, but is not recognised as a web service.

  So I'd like to know how Glassfish is supposed to detect this is a
web service to be able to investigate further.

  Thank you.

  Regards,

--drkm