users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RFH: automated mail processing?

From: Markus KARG <markus.karg_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:17:23 +0100

Kristian Rink schrieb:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mailra/
>>
>> Just tell me how urgent you need it. I paused the project until I find
>> someone that is willing to test... :-)
>>

> I will have a look at it. How stable is this code of yours in this
> project? As long as I am in the process of evaluating things, breaking
> my environment once in a while surely won't hurt... ;)

The answer is twofold. MailRA relies heavily on RAFC, an open source
framework that makes implementing resource adapters much easier. RAFC is
production quality, running stable since years in several production
environments. MailRA itself is only a thin layer ontop that tells RAFC
how to do SMTP. So, the only thing open is to stabilitze the SMTP stuff.
That will need some days of work, so I think it could be stable in
February 2007, and I could publish some unstable alpha within January.
Just tell me if you need it, and I will finished and publish the work ASAP.

Have Fun
Markus

--
http://www.xing.com/go/invita/58469