users@glassfish.java.net

Oracle Query Runs very slow

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:58:16 PST

I have used Java Studio Creator 2 with Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8.1_02 (build b06-fcs) in the past. I created a simple oracle query to populate a table and displaying about 560 rows in a table via a web browser. This runs excellent.

Now, I use Netbeans 6, along with Sun Java System Application Server 9.1 (build b58g-fcs), I populate a table using the same query as before and it takes quite a long time to fill the table. Actually, the browser keeps asking if I want to stop the script about 6 times. If I keep saying yes, it eventually completes.

I'm using an Oracle 9i database and have tried different drivers from Oracle with the same results.

Any idea why the difference in filling the table or how to correct this? Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'astabi' (astabi)]